Friday, July 5, 2013

4/19

                                    Today, instead of regular classes, we took a field trip to the Metropolitan Museum of art. While there, we visited the current exhibit that's on display, Chaos to Couture. The idea behind the exhibit was punk and its influence on fashion. I thought a lot of the garments I saw were beautiful but I also think if a real punk were to see this, they'd be disapproving. What we saw wasn't very punk in my book but then again, it was couture punk. My group for the dress project and I were really inspired by the Dolce and Gabbana ball gowns that were on display. We decided that we are definitely making a ballgown because go big or go home. We also spent three hours drawing; one in the Greek sculpture room, another in the suits of armor room, and a last hour with African art. I am to drawing as a sloth is to climbing down a tree: very, very, very, slow.

             I'll probably be done with it in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment