Wednesday, July 3, 2013

three

                             3/19. Today in the drawing class, we continued with life drawing. The model today was a woman and I've come to realize that it's easier for me to draw the female body rather than a male. I think it's because I'm a girl so I'm more familiar with it. We worked on negative spaces, so rather than drawing all the details, we only drew the silhouette. We also had to fill the page with the setting it was taking place in. I didn't have time in class to start adding the gouache to the negative spaces but I'm going to do that for homework.  I've worked with gouache once before but didn't have a good experience with it because it kind fell of the page (I learned why today).  I feel like my drawings are getting a little better but I've still got a long ways to go.
                            After running around between 12th and 16th trying to figure out what computer lab I was supposed to be in, I had design. The whole class went step by step working with Photoshop and Illustrator. Jana, Sami, and I edited the picture we're going to use for our dress and then created a pallet for it using Illustrator. It's mostly greens and greys but there's pop of orange from the carrots. I'm really looking forward to begin making the dress.
                           Behold, my yet to gouached drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment