Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Friday

                          We visited one of my favorite museums in the world. the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). I though I would stay afterwards and try to see the rain room but that line plus my aching feet equals a giant no. Maybe another day though. I think it's something that's really neat and I probably won't chance to see it again as well set aside a day (or two) to see it. I've been to the MoMA a hundred times before and I was really impressed by the visiting exhibitions I saw there this time. I thought the first one was aesthetically pleasing but I enjoy art that's both that and conveys a concept. As for the second one, I can only enjoy architecture in the form of three hundred year old churches so I wasn't too excited. What I did really enjoy, however, was all the Andy Warhol pieces. I know it's a little cliche to say that my favorite artist is Andy Warhol but he is. His color palate is made up of some of my favorite colors and he worked a lot with silk screens, as do I. While at the museum, I saw Orange Car Crash Fourteen Times which is actually one of my favorite pieces (my first is Orange Disaster/Electric Chair).
I really like this exhibit a lot too. I feel like it had some deep meaning about animal cruelty that would get me all riled up but Sami and I were too busy obsessing over elephants.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment