Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Monday

                    Continuing our adventures with value, sketched a model and filled in the shadows darker than fifty percent grey with the devil's blood- I mean gouache. I didn't enjoy the actual exercise too much but I did like the outcome of the piece (sort of. I didn't finish and me drawing people is kind of a joke but I try). I think photographs, movies, and paintings done like this are very beautiful. Te piece I did for homework turned out nicer though. I think this is because I had all the time I wanted and the light was directly on the objects I was drawing so it was easier to see what would be black and what would stay white.
                     Our dress is started to come together well! On Saturday night, I tossed the hoop and started building  new one. I had originally though that by wrapping wire together, I would be able to shape a hoop. Unfortunately, I forgot that shaping wire is harder than it looks and it also wasn't strong  enough to support and weight (it could hardly support itself). Do, what better way to build a hoop than with a hula hoop? There isn't any. Because the hoop I built was fantastic. I went to a toy store and bought two hula hoops and then to AC Moore to get sticks. I drilled five holes in the hula hoops; two closer together in the front, one on each side and one directly back. Then, I cut the second hoop to make it a little smaller and stuck the stick through those same holes. I used the two smaller wire circles I had made as the last two for the hoop. To fasten everything, I taped it. In order to fasten it around someones waist, I took wire, created belt loops, and strung a belt through it. Voila, fabulous, strong, hoop. I'm pretty proud of it. We finally finished the bustier and we began attaching some of the plastic fabric I had ironed. I can't wait until it's done!
Hey Lolita, hey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment