Thursday, July 18, 2013

Wednesday

                         The Guggenheim is another museum that I've been to at least twenty times but it's one o those museums that will only supple a few pieces that I find appealing. I like big and in your face kind of stuff so I really enjoyed the installation which was there. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't see down the spiral (which is actually a good thing because I probably would've fainted), but what was there instead was worth it. The viewer is forced to interact with the piece in order for the illusion to work which I thought was neat. I couldn't believe that the black screen we were staring at was actually a twenty foot deep whole in the wall.
                         The last time we went to the Met, we spent most of our time drawing. I (and I'm pretty sure the entire group) was much to drained (and hot) to hold a pencil and think. I was originally dreading having to walk through a museum but looking at the paintings turned out to be exciting. I learned many interesting facts and got to see a part of the Met which I never wandered into before. I still would have liked to draw i Central Park though. It was cool in the shade!
That's ceiling. Trippy.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment